Enquire & Order by Phone: 1300 002 771
Spun Steel Camp Oven 12"
Australian Made Camp Oven
Spun Steel Camp Oven 12-inch by DrLinvingstone, also known as an Aussie Camp oven is a one-stop cooking utensil for the bush. It can act as a frypan, boiler, hanging pan and obviously, a camp oven.
Spun Steel Camp Oven 12"
Spun Steel Camp Oven 12 inch by DrLinvingstone, also known as an Aussie Camp oven is a one stop cooking utensil for the bush. It can act as a frypan, boiler, hanging pan and obviously, a camp oven. If you were ever looking for a piece of cooking equipment that can do it all then this is a versatile piece of kit. It is made from highest quality spun carbon steel available in Australia for long lasting durability and features fixed handles that will not fall off and rounded corners making this spun steel camp oven very easy to clean. This complete camp pan range is designed for outdoor cooking, over a campfire, on a Weber, or wood stove. The solid design and construction of these camp pans ensure a long lasting Australian made product for your cooking pleasure.
Spun Steel camp oven basic usage instructions
Just like your traditional cast iron dutch oven, the best way to cook in a spun steel Aussie camp oven is to dig a hole roughly 10cm larger in diameter than the oven and about the same depth. Next, light a fire in the hole and let it burn down to coal or more realistically shovel some coals in it from your existing campfire. Next, place the oven on top of the hot coals and shovel a few extra coals on the lid, then allow the food to slowly simmer until it is ready.
Alternatively, the lid doubles as a handy frypan so you can sit it on top of your hot coals and cook some bacon n eggs for breaky or use the strong lifting handle to suspend the oven from a tripod for cooking or boiling water over an open flame.
- Material: Heavy Guage Australian Carbon Steel for long lasting quality
- Diameter: 12in to cook up a feast
- Included stong metal trivet for better convection airflow while cooking
- Heavy duty fixed carry that will not fall off during use
- Rounded edges making it easier to clean
- Australian Made
If this Camp oven is too big for you then take a look at its smaller brother the Aussie spun steel camp oven 10"
- Dimensions: approx 32cm Wide x 20.5cm High (with lid)
- Internal diameter of the pot is approx 29.7cm at the top at 25cm and the bottom
- Internal pot height is approx 16.5cm
- Lid dimensions: 32cm Wide x 4cm High
- Internal diameter of the lid (frypan) is approx 30.7cm
- Internal lid height is approx 3.7cm
- The volume of pot: approx. 13L
- Internal grate size: 23cm wide
- Total Weight - 4.07kg
|Brand||Southern Metal Spinners|